Handy links – Upload Photos, Competition Rules
Before You Upload
During a competition, photos are displayed with a width of 1920 pixels and a height of 1080 pixels. This is HDTV resolution. Upload photos are automatically downsized to fit.
- Maximum – 40 MBs. However, there is no advantage of uploading photos with a width greater than 1920 pixels or a height greater than 1080.
- Minimum – Photos with a width smaller than 1920 pixels and height smaller than 1080 pixels may appear small to the judges.
- Pixels – is the only metric used. DPI or inches are ignored.
When uploading, your aspect ratio is always preserved, even when large photos are automatically scaled down to fit within a 1920 wide by 1080 high rectangle. The photographer chooses an aspect ratio to meet the needs of the photo before uploading.
- Limits – None. Photographer chooses aspect ratio, not the uploading process.
Only .JPG/.JPEG files are accepted. Editing tools support File Save As … and Export … options to covert files to JPG.
- Color space – Always use sRGB color space to preserve the photo’s color tones.
- Quality – Use very high quality options when saving JPG to maintain the fidelity of the photo.
- Filename – Use any filename since the filename is discarded.
When You Upload
Drag and drop a photo near the “Choose Photo” button, or click “Choose Photo” to browse for a photo on your device.
- Use JPG’s
Enter your title on the “Title (required)” line.
- Letters, numbers & special characters (quotes, ampersands …) are allowed.
- Try to keep titles under 100 characters.
You must click on the Upload button for the photo to be submitted.
- Acknowledgement – After you upload you will see a large green checkmark with the message “Upload successful …”. If you don’t see this, your photo was not submitted.
After You Upload
Click the “View Photo” button to view the photo the judges will see.
- Rotation – If the photo rotation is not correct, rotate on your device and upload again.
Click the “Edit Title” button to change the title.
Click the “Delete” button to remove the photo from the competition.
Upload Note, Warning and Error Messages
When you select a photo to upload the messages below may be displayed. The issues identified should be corrected in most cases. Ignoring the messages will probably result in a suboptimal display of your photo and possible disqualification of your photo. However, you are not prevented from uploading the photo.
Note – Color space sRGB not detected.
As noted above, you should always use sRGB to ensure your photo’s colors are correctly displayed during competition and on the website after the competition.
Warning – Photo is smaller than recommended
As noted above, small photos will not be scaled up when displayed to the judges. Thus, if you upload photos a lot smaller than HDTV (width 1920, height 1080), your photos will appear smaller to the judges.