Before You Upload
During a competition, photos are displayed with a width of 1920 pixels and a height of 1080 pixels. This is HDTV resolution. Upload photos are automatically downsized to fit.
- Maximum – None. However, there is no advantage of uploading photos with a width greater than 1920 pixels or a height greater than 1080.
- Minimum – Photos with a width smaller than 1920 pixels and height smaller than 1080 pixels may appear small to the judges.
- Pixels – is the only metric used. DPI or inches are ignored.
When uploading, your aspect ratio is always preserved, even when large photos are automatically scaled down to fit within a 1920 wide by 1080 high rectangle. The photographer chooses an aspect ratio to meet the needs of the photo before uploading.
- Limits – None. Photographer chooses aspect ratio, not the uploading process.
- Resolution – All photos are downsized to fit within a box that is 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels tall.
Only .JPG/.JPEG files are accepted. Editing tools support File Save As … and Export … options to covert files to JPG.
- Color space – Always use sRGB color space to preserve the photo’s color tones.
- Quality – Use very high quality options when saving JPG to maintain the fidelity of the photo.
- Filename – Use any filename since the upload automatically links the entry to your name and category.
When You Upload
Drag and drop a photo near the “Choose Photo” button, or click “Choose Photo” to browse for a file on your device.
- Type – See the info above to size and type of photo.
- Thumbnail – Small view of the photo to be uploaded.
- Delete – Removes the photo from the upload page. It has no impact to the file on your device.
Enter your title on the line.
- Format – Whatever you enter is preserved as the title. Special characters (quotes, ampersands, period, etc) are allowed. Also, uppercase and lowercase are preserved.
- Later – You can change the title without uploading again. See below.
- Limit – Try to keep titles under 100 characters.
You must click on the Upload button for the photo to be submitted.
- Acknowledgement – After you upload you will see a large green checkmark with the message “Upload successful …”. If you don’t see this, your photo was not submitted.
After You Upload
Click the “View Photo” button to view the full-size photo the judges will use.
- Rotation – If the photo rotation is not correct, rotate on your device and upload again.
- Border – Photos are displayed with a black background. Any border you added on your device will be visible.
Click the “Edit Title” button to change the title.
Click the “Delete” button to remove the photo from the competition.